Thursday, March 12, 2015

Fear to Fearless

Hola! It's Hannah here again with my last blog post of 2015 Esperanza. Today, out of all days was pretty challenging. As many of you know we are digging the foundation for a house, and with digging, there becomes a lot of dirt, that needs to go somewhere. For our site, we have been putting the dirt either in a pile that the foundation surrounds, or in a pile on the side of the fence. My job today, was to help Phil while standing on the middle steep hill of trench pass buckets full of dirt across the trench to Kevan. Luckily, all of us have fantastic balance, so no one has fallen off the steep hill yet, but it still requires an insane amount of trust in yourself to stand on a somewhat stable hill above 68'' ditches. After going on this trip last year, I have found a new sense of fearless in myself by travelling to a foreign country that the U.S. does not give a good reputation to with a group of people I had barely met. This year, I packed up again and headed off with the same group to help again. My fearless this year was found in speaking much more Spanish than the year before, and most of the time probably making a fool of myself in the process, and standing above deep trenches and sometimes over. In a way, it makes you feel able to save the world by putting your fears behind you and giving up one week to help others. All in all, it has been another amazing week in Tijuana, and I can't wait to come back next year, make more new friends in this country, and help some family create a new place for them to live in the years to come, in which ever way I can. Adios Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment